Contact us today on 01474 369368

Retirement Homes

What is an independent living property?

A familiar misconception about these developments is that they are for people who are retired. Actually they are suitable for anyone over the age of 55, who is well, active and able to truly live independently. They generally have communal areas for activities which vary from location to location, meaning there is an active social scene. There are pullcords for those who may need assistance in the event of an emergency, although there are no ‘carers’ on site as its not for the infirm/unwell. Each development is individual and has a different target audience. For example, some places go on holiday/coach trips while others will have fish and chip suppers in the communal lounge and have social nights in the licensed bar. It is for the individual to decide which community they fit into best.

At Sealeys Walker Jarvis we can advise on each of the developments we deal with including St James Oaks, Regents Court, Nelson Court, Pilots Place in Gravesend and Mullender Court in Chalk.

Click here to search our Retirement Homes selection

Google Rating